Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Spotlight on Meg Gray

Meg Gray writes clean contemporary romance novels, featuring strong female characters. As a mom to two young girls, Meg is passionate about creating stories centered around female empowerment. She grew up in the Pacific Northwest where she still lives today with her husband, daughters, and crazy pets. She splits her time between homeschooling her girls and writing in the hours after she has put her husband and children to bed.

LQR: Tell our readers a little about you.

Meg: Well, let’s see…I like my coffee black and my mornings to myself, which is hard to do with children. Even just a few minutes of quiet help me start my day off right because once the little feet hit the floor, my days are non-stop with mommy duties. I homeschool our two daughters, so adhering to a schedule is crucial for getting everything done in a day. I used to be a kindergarten teacher and consider it an honor to be handling my children’s education. When we’re not “schooling” at home we are out and about enjoying the many wonders of Central Oregon, where we live. And once my husband is home from work, I sneak off to pen the latest stories of my characters.

LQR: If you had to pick only one moment that spurred you to write professionally, what moment is the most defining or inciting?

Meg: I can’t really think of any one moment. As much as it was just this “thing” I kept thinking about doing. With the self-publishing revolution in full-force when I was ready to publish my first novel I just went for it.


LQR: Does the majority of your work focus around or within a single theme? If so, what is it?

Meg: Yes, my writing tends to involve a love story and real life. I like to keep the people I write about very real and relatable while tying in a bit of a love story.

LQR: Tell us about your currently work in progress.

Meg: Oh, I’m so glad you asked that, because I have a novella coming out for the holidays. It’s the first Christmas-themed story I’ve written and it’s very light-hearted—think of a made-for-television holiday special, plus a lumberjack. It gives a nod to the small town where I grew up while hitting my favorite holiday of the year. I’m really excited for its release in November.

LQR: Sounds fun. I look forward to it. What’s one of your favorite authorial moments from your career so far?


Meg: Receiving letters and emails from readers is by far the best part of being a writer. It’s one thing for me to love my stories and my characters but it is an entirely different thing to hear how someone else was touched by your words too.

LQR: Share with us a five year and ten year goal for your writing career.

Meg: Wow…five and ten years away, huh? That seems like a long ways off, but I know the years will pass quickly. So, give me just a second to close my eyes and imagine that …Okay, five years off, I’d better still be writing and have all the books currently in my head published. In ten years, I’d like to think I’ll be trying out a new genre, maybe some sci/fi or a historical fiction series, but always with a romantic twist.

LQR: Do you write what you read? Watch? What are your favorite television shows and movies?

Meg: Yes, I love women’s fiction novels and romance novels. A good chick-flick or tear-jerking movie on Friday nights are always good. My most favorite television shows are “Dancing with the Stars” and “Master Chef.” Trust me, I never thought I’d be a reality TV fan, but it’s what I most enjoy these days.


LQR: If you had one week away from any and all responsibility what would you want to spend your time doing?

Meg: Traveling to some faraway place. There is so much to see in this world and I want to experience it all. So, when I can I like to get away, and I bring my children, because experiencing the world through their eyes is that much more exciting.

LQR: Anything else you’d like to add?

Meg: Mostly, I’d like to thank Kai for pulling together such a wonderful blog this year and inviting me to be a part of it. I have loved the stories all the authors have shared and I’ve found some new authors to follow, so thank you for bringing us all together to share our work. And thank you to all the readers who have come over to check out our work.

LQR: Where can readers find you online?

Meg: Readers can find me at www.meggraybooks.com. From there you can find links to everywhere else that I am on the web…Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.

Thanks for spending some extra time with us Meg! It was great getting to know you better. Readers, hop on over to her website to find the buy links for her books and to sign up for her newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment